- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
I proved to you during the scallop instalments that bacon literally goes with everything (bacon and scallops with hazelnut spread). I will show you in this instalment how well bacon and hazelnut spread go together.
Now, I must admit this is not a Chef Rob original. This recipe comes to us from a lovely woman named Paula who loves hazelnut spread just as much as I do. The recipe was so perfectly simple and elegant that I couldn’t change it. Now I didn’t have any fleur de sel, but go ahead and add it to your list if you do. The recipe reminds me a lot of Andrew back bacons How to Make Bacon Candy for Halloween.
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
¼ cup Hazelnut Spread
Coarse salt, such as fleur de sel
1. Preheat your oven to 375?F,
2. Arrange your strips of bacon on a baking pan that’s been sprayed with a bit of cooking spray.
3. Throw these in the oven and set your timer for 8 minutes.
4. Mix together your cayenne pepper, black pepper and brown sugar.
5. When your 8 minute timer goes off, flip over your bacon and sprinkle your spice mixture over each one of the strips. Be as liberal or as light handed as you want. I recommend liberty.
6. Set your timer for 8 minutes again, and throw the bacon back in the oven.
7. Ding! Bacon’s done. Put it on a rack to cool.
8. While the bacon is cooling, take your hazelnut spread and microwave it for 15 seconds to get it soft and workable.
9. Brush or spread the hazelnut spread all over the fully cooled and crispy bacon. I used a silicone brush and I really think that’s the best tool for the job.
10. Throw these bad boys in the freezer to let the hazelnut spread harden.
11. Plate and sprinkle with coarse salt
THANK YOU PAULA!!