- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 1hr Cook time: 30 mintes
I have made my fair share of awesome cookies. One of the most popular recipes I have ever made for this site was the Chocolate Cookies Recipe. It was a smash hit and has become legend around the bacon blog world (or at least that is how I feel about it). I decided to try to beat my previous Chocolate Cookies recipe with this awesome Bacon Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. In all honesty, I like these cookies better. I made these a bit softer and jam-packed with flavour thanks to the caramelized bacon strips. For the readers who don’t like chocolate but love the idea of bacon and cookies together. You need to try this recipe, the ‘bacon candy’ in the cookies just bring out this awesome flavour.
6 Strips Maple Leaf Bacon
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
½ cup Butter, softened
½ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
½ cup White Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup All Purpose Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375?F
2. Put bacon onto lined baking sheet. Put in oven for 8 minutes.
3. Flip over bacon, sprinkle on mixture of 1 tbsp brown sugar, chili powder and black pepper. Place back in oven for 8 minutes. Cool on rack.
4. Cream together butter and peanut butter
5. Cream in the remaining brown sugar and white sugar
6. Beat in egg and vanilla extract
7. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
8. Chop up bacon and stir in batter.
9. Let batter chill for 30 minutes in fridge
10. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and cook on a lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
11. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before transferring to rack to cool.
Make a baconized ice cream sandwich using bacon nutella ice cream and bacon peanut butter cookies