With summer’s clock quickly winding down (it’s almost September already?!?), we are all trying to cram as much summer fun into our warm days and nights as possible. BBQs, of course, remain the go-to get-together. But even with all of that meat and drink drawing your guests, you still have to prepare some nibblies for the wait between their steak order and when it’s finished on the grill.
With that in mind, I’ve gathered together some great bacon-related appetizer recipes. Follow us after the link for the top twelve.
1. Bacon Pops! Goat Cheese Pops with Herbs, Pecan and Bacon. These are like little bacon lollipops. If the words, “bacon lollipops” doesn’t make you immediately toss your laptop off your lap and rush into the kitchen to make something, anything that resembles bacon lollipops, I think you might be reading the wrong website.
2. Baked Potato Skin Appetizers with Bacon and Cheese. These feel like they’d slide really easily onto any BBQ menu. And then, just as easily, slide into your guest’s bellies.
3. Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bits. Little chicken bites doused in spicy brown sugar and wrapped in bacon. All you need to know.
4. Bacon and Eggs Appetizer. Not only does this appetizer combine bacon and eggs in a delicious way, it is also served on a little spoon, making rapid consumption relatively easy and greasy-finger-free.
5. Bacon-Wrapped Bananas with Apricot Glaze. I’m sorry. Were you talking to me? I couldn’t hear you. I was too busy paying attention to BACON-WRAPPED BANANAS.
6. Bacon Mushroom Appetizers. For all those fun-guys out there! (Yes, I am allowed to make ridiculous jokes.)
7. Duck Breast and Bacon-Pineapple Appetizer. This recipe is for all those times when you have duck breast kicking around your kitchen. Kidding, of course, but it’s always good to try something new, isn’t it?
8. Peanut Butter, Scallion, and Bacon Appetizers. As Samuel Johnson said on his deathbed in the 18th century, “When one is weari’d of bacon and the buttered peanuts, one is tired of life.”
9. Bacon Appetizer Crescents. This new century has been definitely the Century of the Mash-Up. So why not mash-up some crescent rolls with a few bacon slices? All the hipsters are doing it.
10. Bacon and Cheddar Devilled Eggs. We gave you this list of a few Christmas appetizer recipes last December, including the Devilled Eggs. But like white shoes, devilled eggs are no longer confined to a specific time period. Those eggs are dying to see the sun, too!
11. Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Shrimp Recipe. Rachel Ray promises me that this will only take sixteen minutes. And when she promises something, she really means it. So, if you are concerned that other app recipes leave too much time between thinking about shrimp, bacon and pineapple and the consuming of shrimp, bacon, and pineapple, this one has you covered.
12. Bacon and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups. The creator of this recipe advises getting out-of-the-way of the tray when it is served, lest you get hurt by stampeding partygoers.