- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
I am going to tell you this once and only once. Zucchini is amazing! I love Zucchini recipes and I thought I’d make it with some bacon to make it ten times more awesome. If you haven’t seen already, I have created plenty of amazing bacon recipes. I’ve made some amazing bacon and eggs recipes. Even cookie recipes!! I am really really stuck actually on which cookie recipe is the best, the chocolate cookie recipe or the peanut butter cookie recipe. But that is a completely different story altogether.
This Zucchini recipe was something my mamma made pretty much every other Sunday. It’s a classic recipe that has been passed down through the generations. Each generation adds something new and exciting to the recipe. I have added the best ingredient known to mankind, bacon! I haven’t told anyone in the family I have done this yet, I plan on doing it this Sunday. If you see no more posts from me next week, send a search party.
6 Strips Maple Leaf Bacon
1 cup Baby Arugula
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
½ cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
1. Fry and crumble bacon
2. Slice zucchini into long ribbons using speed peeler, vegetable peeler, box grater or mandolin (like in Fettucini Alla Carbonara Recipe – 1st recipe)
3. Mix zucchini with arugula and cherry tomatoes.
4. Combine oil, lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper in a jar or bowl. Mix or shake vigorously.
5. Toss vinaigrette with zucchini, Arugula and cherry tomatoes.
6. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
7. Top with goat cheese
What do you think of this recipe? Is the Zucchini to powerful for you or do you think I should have used something else? Tell me what you are interested in! I want to hear from our loyal readers.