- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
I am a bit upset because it looks like my last breakfast recipe wasn’t a hit. My Potato Bacon Recipe just hit 30 Facebook shares. For some sites 30 Facebook shares would be awesome but I always aim high and usually aim at almost impossible numbers. Take a look at my donut recipe that has over 400 Facebook shares or even my bacon and eggs recipe with over 350 Facebook shares. As you can tell I am a bit upset with the last recipe compared to all my other amazing recipes. This is why I decided I’d take another shot at making an AWESOME breakfast recipe.
My muffin recipe was inspired by my latest visit to my local cafe. A small shop run by a super nice old english lady who calls me a lad. She suggested I try some muffins with my regular coffee. I tried it loved it and decided I needed to make it even better by adding… BACON! I also wanted to give it a bit more fluff and not have it taste very dry.
I promise you this recipe is awesome and if it gets more than 200 Facebook shares (very high number) I will virtually high-five each person. I will even take it one step further. IF it gets more than 200 Facebook shares, we will run a Facebook Question on the Fan page allowing YOU the reader to pick the next recipe!
8 strips Maple Leaf bacon
2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Grated cheese of your choice (Parmigiano/Gouda/Cheddar/Gruyere)
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Milk
½ cup Whipping (35%) Cream
6 tbsp Melted Butter
6 Egg Yolks
1. Preheat oven to 375?F
2. Fry bacon until crispy and chop into small pieces
3. Mix together flour, baking powder, cheese (I used parm) and salt. Add bacon.
4. Mix together milk, cream, melted butter and whole egg
5. Add wet to dry and mix until just combined.
6. Spray six spots of a muffin pan with cooking spray
7. Put a bit of batter into six spots, enough to line the bottom and go up the sides, saving approximately 1/3 batter for topping. Make a depression in the batter.
8. Drop an egg yolk into the depression in the batter.
9. Top each yolk with remaining batter. Don’t break the yolk.
10. Bake for 25 min.