While the world may continually throw us curveballs, and not everything goes our way. But if there’s something that will always be there for us to cheer us up, it’s bacon.
It’s long been an established fact that bacon makes everything better. With this in mind, it’s only fitting that we provide you with the ultimate guide to wrapping bacon around pretty much anything in existence. And anything tightly wrapped in bacon gains many hit points and much experience. (Did you see what I did there?) So, click through to see all of the many ways bacon works its magic.
In No Particular Order:
1. Sea Scallops – Bottom feeders of the sea, they are consistently at the top of the list of Things to Wrap in Bacon. Meaning, they are also at the top of my heart.
2. A Whole Turkey – When you get bored of cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving.
3. Water Chestnuts – I’m not even sure what a water chestnut is.
4. Pineapple – The Hawaiians probably did this first, so you know this has to be good.
5. Pretzels – In Germany, homeland of the pretzel, they know how to have a great time. Bacon-wrapped pretzels are probably why they can drink on the streets (where else will you dip your pretzels?).
6. Carrots – Bacon lovers can be boring, too.
7. Chicken – Meat wrapped in meat multiplies the happiness.
8. Olives – I tried to come up with a pun for Olives. I failed. Olive you glad I didn’t? (See?)
9. Mexicano Hot Dogs – So good, they were briefly banned in LA.
10. Melons – Don’t look at me like that. This is a family site! What do you think we were talking about?
11. Avocado – Due to its awesomeness, this is likely illegal in the less fun-loving parts of the country.
12. Trout – Swimming bacon!
13. Strawberries – You have to trust me on this one.
14. Mozzarella – It works both on and off the pizza!
15. Jalapeno Poppers – You don’t have to wait till the Super Bowl to nosh on this.
16. Cocktail Weiners – The classic maintains its awesomeness. We don’t have any red sauce, but we’re probably sure you can just put ketchup on them.
17. Mushrooms – So obvious, we often forget that they work together.
18. Pesto Polenta – Not as obvious, but I’m sure you can see where they’re going with this.
19. Cinnamon Rolls – Not obvious at all, but isn’t the unexpected beautiful?
20. Eggs – It’s like eating a hearty breakfast – in one mouthful!
21. Peppadews – Even I wasn’t sure until I saw the recipe. Click to find out what a peppadew is.
22. Stuffed Apricots – After all of this bacon-wrapping, some of this fruit should probably think twice about being seen outside unwrapped.
23. Shrimp – How could we forget!
24. Asparagus – More delicious than it sounds. The asparagus people have been absolutely hounding us for an asparagus/bacon cross feature – maybe we’ll take them up on it?
25. Goat Cheese – DEAL WITH IT