- Preparation Time:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes
I’ve said it before; I’m not a huge sweet eater. But I’m a sucker for banana bread. Why? Well, it’s not super sweet. Plus it’s healthy, right? It’s got bananas and… well… bananas… OH and its bread! Okay, maybe it’s not the quinoa of desserts but it sure is mighty delicious. Now this recipe comes from the warm kitchen of my roommate’s mother. This lovely lady handed over her secret family recipe and allowed me to share it with the world. Plus, she let me add bacon to it. She’s awesome.
I still highly recommend trying my beer bread recipe, ONLY for game days. Otherwise, I would stick with this awesome banana bread recipe.
6 strips Maple Leaf Bacon
3 Medium Sized Bananas, Extremely Ripe
½ cup Butter
¾ cup Sugar
¼ cup Milk
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1½ cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Grab your bacon, chop it up into about half inch pieces, and give it a good fry. Once it’s crispy, set it aside. Standard procedures, here.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and cream. You can use a hand blender if you don’t have a stand mixer.
4. It should take a couple minutes, but everything should be completely combined.
5. Grab your bananas and give them a quick mashing with your fork. Now, these shouldn’t be fresh bananas. Don’t go to the store to make this recipe right away. This should be made with extremely ripe mushy bananas. Tons of flavour there.
6. Blend these bananas with eggs, milk and lemon juice.
7. Once all the wet ingredients are mixed, add in your flour and baking soda.
8. Add your bacon and chocolate once the batter is fully combined. Mix gently, treat the bacon with respect.
9. Pour your batter into a greased bread pan and whack it in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Be patient, young grasshopper. For deliciousness, one must wait.
10. To make sure your bread is done, insert a knife into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
11. Pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy.