Collection of Personal Information
Other information we may collect
Maple Leaf Foods may collect other information about you during your visit to our site, but this information will not be linked to your Personal Information (that is, it is collected only in the aggregate in connection with all the users of our site, and will not be linked to you personally). Such information may include:
1. Information about your computer, such as your IP address (number assigned to your computer whenever you surf the internet), the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our site.
2. Information about the areas you visit on our web site
How we use Personal Information
We do not share with third parties
Maple Leaf Foods does not share any Personal Information with any third parties, except for outside contractors who will first have to sign a confidentiality agreement with us.
Mailings and other contact
Maple Leaf Foods will not use your Personal Information to send you any mailings or to otherwise contact you unless you have expressly authorized us to do so. In addition, at any time you may let us know that you wish to discontinue such mailings or contact (see “Who to contact” below).
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe for our users. To that end, no information should be submitted to or posted on this site by children under the age of 13 without their parent’s or guardian’s permission. In addition, if a user younger than 13 wishes to send us Personal Information, he or she must first give us his or her parent’s or guardian’s e-mail address so that we can obtain their permission through regular mail. No Personal Information will knowingly be accepted from a child under 13 before this permission is obtained. If your child has already provided us with Personal Information, you may ask to see this information for the purposes of correcting it, or ask us to delete this information from our records entirely (see “Who to contact” below).
Links to Other Web Sites
Maple Leaf’s web site may contain links or references to other non-Maple Leaf web sites to which this Privacy Statement does not apply. Maple Leaf is not responsible for the data collection and use practices of companies or organizations to which the Maple Leaf web site may provide links.
Security of information
We use state-of-the-art technology to keep your Personal Information as secure as possible. Access to your Personal Information is permitted among our employees only on a need-to-know basis, and any outside contractors with access to such information must first sign a confidentiality agreement with us.
Changes in our Policy
Who to contact
1. To see Personal Information you have already sent us so that you can correct or update it
2. To ask that we delete your Personal Information from our records
3. To correct or update Personal Information that your child under age 13 has sent us
4. To ask that we delete from our records Personal Information that your child under age 13 has sent us
5. To ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you